Sunday, October 26, 2008

Why should I vote for your guy?

During the election season in the States people always like to ask, “Why should I vote for your guy?” and while that question always has a somewhat nebulas answer based on beliefs, ethics, and sometimes just plain old Party affiliation, here is the answer to the actual question (yes kind of like 42 in the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy book series.)

“Are you better off now than you were before the last administration change?” 

Now before you say “yes” or “no” stop and really think about this question. On the surface it seems rather simplistic but in reality it covers 1) your personal life 2) your professional life 3) your country’s national standing and 4) your country’s international standing. 

Yes the first two are rather obvious but how many of you stopped to wonder “How the heck do numbers 3 and 4 apply to whether or not I’m better off?” My answer is to just think about it. Doesn’t the overall national standing of your country affect either directly or indirectly the conditions of your life? If the economy is bad then it will be more difficult for you to retire, take vacations, or to buy or sell a house. It affects any investments you have and any plans for the future you have that are based on those investments. So when you go out to vote, or to randomly spout your opinion, please take all of these factors into your mind first. Not only will it give you a basses for your opinions but it will also make you sound as though you have thoroughly thought it through. 

As for me I’m voting for my guy because I think he will begin the steps necessary to correct the currently struggling economy, which in turn will free up the job market for me to once again find stable employment. 

I hope you all are well and thank you for stopping by.
G-C

No comments: