Saturday, July 14, 2018

Dreamt of Philosophy


It’s interesting how life and science fiction can help you learn more about humanity, its flaws, and its greatness.

I’ve been spending time with a new friend who has been having a rough… life. Through my friend’s eyes, I am seeing more and more of the subtle messages that have long been in both my real life and in the Science Fiction that I enjoy, in new or more in depth ways. This is, to me, why community is so very important. If we only see the world through our own filter, or through the filters of the same sources, without change we can become so complacent with our world view that we can no longer see anything outside of what we expect to see. To quote The Bard “There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Those words are always on my mind, now so even more. Shakespeare knew so very long ago, that one singular point of view will always prevent one from seeing the entire picture!

How have you challenged your point of view lately?  What lessons have you learned to expand your dreamt philosophy?

No comments: